APNIC Policy SIG

Charter

The Policy SIG charter is to develop policies and procedures which relate to the management and use of Internet address resources by APNIC, NIRs, and ISPs within the Asia Pacific region.

Join the Policy SIG

A SIG, or Special Interest Group, is an open forum for the community to discuss topics of interest. There are no entry requirements to participate in the activity of the APNIC Policy SIG.

You don’t “join” a Special Interest Group, you participate in it. The first step to participation is usually to subscribe to the mailing list.

The Policy SIG uses a consensus process to develop policies that all APNIC and NIR members are required to follow. You participate in the consensus process by supporting or objecting to proposed policy changes; either on the mailing list, or during the Open Policy Meetings at APNIC Conferences.

You may also like to participate by becoming a proposal author and submit a suggestion to change APNIC policy, or take a leadership role and become a Chair, or Co-Chair, of the Policy SIG.

Chair Sumon Ahmed Sabir
Co-Chairs Ching-Heng Ku Bertrand Cherrier
Mailing list Archives | Subscribe

Guidelines

For more information about the creating and running of Special Interest Groups, including explanations of all relevant SIG policies and procedures, please see the SIG guidelines.

Chair

Sumon Ahmed Sabir

Fiber@home Limited

Tenure

APNIC 40 – APNIC 47

Biography

Sumon Ahmed Sabir is working as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Fiber@home Limited (Largest NSP and one of the largest IP Transit Provider in Bangladesh). A Pioneer figures in Bangladesh Internet industry, working since 1996. Presently Sumon is also serving as APNIC Policy Chair and MAG member of Internet Governance Forum. A regular speaker for SANOG, BDNOG and APNIC Meeting Sumon is serving as Chair, BDNOG Board of Trusty since 2013. He is a Core Committee member of SANOG since 2005. He is also the founding Chair for BDCERT. One of the key achievements of Sumon is his contribution towards BDIX since 2004, still serving as Board of Trusty Member and Technical Advisor to Bangladesh Internet Exchange Point (BDIX). He has served as an office bearer of Internet Service Provider Association of Bangladesh (ISPAB) in different positions for more than a decade. His focused technical areas of expertise are Internet Routing, Internet Exchange Point, IPv6, MPLS Deployment, IP RAN Backhaul and Fast Convergence in IP Network. Encouraging the usage of IPv6 in end user level is one of his key mission in the community. He has a clear understanding of Internet echo systems in the region.

Co-Chair

Ching-Heng Ku

Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)

Tenure

APNIC 43 – APNIC 45

Biography

I am so honored to be nominated as the APNIC Policy SIG Co-Chair. I have actively participated in the APNIC meetings since the APNIC 18th in 2004. Also, I was the chair of the NIR Hostmaster workshop and the Co-Chair of the DB SIG, NIR SIG, and Policy SIG in APNIC meeting. I have been taking in charge of the IP Policy research and Number Resources Services at the TWNIC. All the experiences mentioned above polished my abilities and capabilities not only in professional fields but also to cultivate the leadership. I am willing to accept the responsibility of SIG Co-Chair and put my best effort to commit myself to serve the APNIC community. I hope to have your support to serve as the Policy SIG Co-Chair.

Co-Chair

Bertrand Cherrier

Micro Logic Systems

Tenure

APNIC 43 – APNIC 45

Biography

I have been a sysadmin for an ISP in New Caledonia for more than fifteen years, I’ve attended every APRICOT and APNIC meetings since 2011. Founder of the GULNC and recently of the NCNog (which starts very slowly), even though we have enough IPv4, I’m encouraging the adoption of IPv6 for all users which, with the help of our local telco, should hopefully happen this year… I’m not better than anyone, but because of the size and location of New Caledonia, my aim will always be towards what’s good for our community; and now that I have someone to back me up on my daily job, I will have more time for R&D and our community. With Andy, Masato and now Sumon as examples to follow, and with your support, I am willing and ready to serve our community to the best I can.

Action items