Orbit and its associated mailing lists are forums for members of the Internet community from any region to discuss and share topics relevant to network engineering and Internet governance. These forums are a space for people to share information for the benefit of the
While APNIC encourages the use of the lists for healthy, relevant debate and information sharing, we do ask that you respect the code of conduct set out below.
Please note, all posts are available publicly and are archived.
- 1. Please respect the opinions of others, keeping in mind cultural differences and diversity. Discriminatory emails or language will not be tolerated, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability.
- APNIC does not routinely monitor or moderate the discussions on Orbit. However, APNIC reserves the right to delete or redact comments that contain content that APNIC considers to be unacceptable. This includes (but is not limited to) any content that:
- Is being used to abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others
- Is libellous, knowingly false, or misrepresents another person
- Infringes upon a copyright or trademark
- Violates an obligation of confidentiality
- Violates the privacy of others including posting emails of others without their permission
- Uses derogatory, discriminatory or inflammatory language
If a community member engages in unacceptable behaviour on Orbit, APNIC may take any action deemed appropriate, including issuing a warning, a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the mailing list. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If you are subject to or wish to report unacceptable behaviour, please notify APNIC as soon as possible by emailing conduct [at] apnic.net. Please read the Reporting Guidelines for more information.