Roles of the EC
In accordance the APNIC By-Laws, clause 30, the main functions of the Executive Council are:
- To act on behalf of the Members in the interval between AGMs within the limits of the powers delegated to it by the Members;
- To manage the activities, functions and affairs of APNIC and the corporation;
- To exercise all such powers and do all such acts or things as may be required to be exercised or done by the corporation or the directors of the corporation, subject to the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the corporation and to such requirements as may be prescribed by a resolution of the directors of the corporation;
- To take all steps to facilitate and implement the decisions of the Members at Annual General Meetings and, where appropriate, of the decisions of other meetings of APNIC;
- To consider broad Internet policy issues in order to ensure that APNIC’s policies and strategies fully respond to the constantly changing Internet environment;
- To ensure the efficient coordination of the work of APNIC;
- To establish the basis for the budget of APNIC and determine, in the light of the decisions taken by the Members on the reports referred to in by-law 5(b) … a ceiling for the expenditure of APNIC until the next AGM after considering all relevant aspects of the work of APNIC in that period;
- To provide any general directives dealing with the staffing of APNIC and, if necessary, fix the basic salaries, the salary scales and the system of allowances and pensions, if any, for all employees of APNIC;
- To elect the Director General.
Obligations of EC Members
|Each member of the APNIC Executive Council is an Officer of APNIC Pty Ltd||Under the Australian Corporations Act, the responsibilities of an Officer of APNIC include:
|Director indemnity||APNIC indemnifies EC members against
APNIC has Directors and Officers Liabilities insurance cover that applies in this context. This indemnity is limited to the extent permitted by Australian Corporations Law.
|Confidentiality requirements||All business undertaken by the EC is confidential to the EC
|EC Member remuneration||APNIC does not pay EC members.
|EC Meetings||APNIC Executive Council meetings are held face-to-face four times per year.