“A global, open, stable, and secure Internet.”
To provide essential services as a Regional Internet Registry, and to support Internet development in the Asia Pacific region.
These objectives are included in the By-laws that govern the role of APNIC and the APNIC Secretariat.
- Provide Internet resource allocation and registration services to enable communications via open system network protocols and to assist in the development and growth of the Internet in the Asia Pacific region
- Assist the Asia Pacific Internet community in the development of procedures, mechanisms, and standards to facilitate the efficient allocation of Internet resources
- Provide Educational opportunities to improve APNIC Members’ technical and policy understanding of the industry
- Support the community’s development of public policies and positions that serve the best interests of APNIC Members and to seek legislative and regulatory consideration of issues of general benefit to the Members, where and when appropriate
- Serve as the administrative, managerial, and operations arm of APNIC Pty Ltd and to transact all activities, functions, and affairs on behalf of, and in the name of, the corporation.