“A global, open, stable, and secure Internet that
serves the entire Asia Pacific community”
APNIC’s Mission is to:
- Function as the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific, in the service of the community of Members and others
- Provide Internet registry services to the highest possible standards of trust, neutrality, and accuracy
- Provide information, training, and supporting services to assist the community in building and managing the Internet
- Support critical Internet infrastructure to assist in creating and maintaining a robust Internet environment
- Provide leadership and advocacy in support of its vision and the community
- Facilitate regional Internet development as needed throughout the APNIC community
These objectives are included in the By-laws that govern the role of APNIC and the APNIC Secretariat.
Internet resource allocation and registration services to enable communications via open system network protocols and to assist in the development and growth of the Internet in the Asia Pacific region
the Asia Pacific Internet community in the development of procedures, mechanisms, and standards to facilitate the efficient allocation of Internet resources
Educational opportunities to improve APNIC Members’ technical and policy understanding of the industry
the community’s development of public policies and positions that serve the best interests of APNIC Members and to seek legislative and regulatory consideration of issues of general benefit to the Members, where and when appropriate
as the administrative, managerial, and operations arm of APNIC Pty Ltd and to transact all activities, functions, and affairs on behalf of, and in the name of, the corporation.