Fellowship Program Overview
APNIC is offering a limited number of Fellowships to professionals and youth in the APNIC service region’s Developing, Least Developed Country (LDC) or Small Island Development State (SIDS) economies to participate in an online, structured fellowship program, and to participate in the APNIC 58 conference in Wellington, New Zealand.
The 2024 APNIC Fellowship program will include travel to attend APNIC 58 in Wellington, New Zealand. You will be expected to be available to travel to the conference. By applying for a fellowship, you acknowledge that you will likely be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter New Zealand, and that you will have to provide APNIC with all necessary information on request, including details of your COVID-19 vaccinations, to enable APNIC to book travel on your behalf to the conference.
The Fellowship program places special emphasis on gender and geographical diversity.
Areas of Interest
Successful fellows will select a specific area of interest to focus their fellowship program, as well as receiving a holistic overview of APNIC and Internet Governance prior to participating in the APNIC 58 conference. Areas of interest include:
- IPv6 Deployment
- Internet Routing/RPKI
- Information/Network Security
The level of experience in the chosen area of interest can be from beginner to advanced.
|Friday, 1 March 2024 at 16:00 (UTC +7)
|Friday, 29 March 2024 at 23:45 (UTC +10)
|Tuesday, 2 April to Friday, 12 April 2024
|Successful fellows announced
|Monday, 22 April 2024
|Confirmation of shortlisted applications
|Tuesday, 23 April to Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 23:45 (UTC +10)
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- A customized program of Fellows-only presentations from industry experts with opportunities for Q&A
- Introduction to a community mentor in their area of interest
- Support to complete several APNIC Academy courses
- Certificate of achievement
If successful applicants complete at least 80% of the online structured program they will be eligible to attend the APNIC 58 conference and will also receive the following:
- An economy class return (two-way) air ticket to the workshop and/or conference week
- Twin-share hotel accommodation with breakfast for the duration of the workshop and/or conference week
- Expenses scholarship of AUD 100 or AUD 150 (upon successful completion of the fellowship)
- Daily (or as required) briefings
- Complimentary registration to the workshop and/or conference week
- Complimentary attendance to all the workshop and/or conference week social events
Applicants should note there is an estimated 8 to 12 hours of commitment required to complete the online courses. If you are eligible to attend the APNIC 58 conference, you will be expected to be available to travel to the conference.
A selection committee carefully evaluates all the applications. The committee selects the applicants it believes are best suited for the fellowships, taking into consideration a desire to provide opportunities to individuals from a diverse range of organizations, gender, and geographical locations within the APNIC service region.
The decisions of the selection committee are final, and the selected applicants are informed individually. A list of selected Fellows is then announced on the APNIC and APNIC 58 conference website.
(Applicants who are not selected to receive a Fellowship award for the current APNIC conference are eligible and encouraged to apply for future APNIC conferences.)