Fellowship Program Overview
APNIC is offering a limited number of Fellowships to professionals and youth in the APNIC service region’s Developing, Least Developed Country (LDC) or Small Island Development State (SIDS) economies to participate in an online, structured fellowship program, and to participate in the APNIC 54 conference in Singapore.
The 2022 APNIC Fellowship program will include travel to attend APNIC 54 in Singapore. You will be expected to be available to travel to the conference. By applying for a fellowship, you acknowledge that you will likely be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter Singapore, and that you will have to provide APNIC with all necessary information on request, including details of your COVID-19 vaccinations, to enable APNIC to book travel on your behalf to the conference.
The Fellowship program places special emphasis on gender and geographical diversity.
Areas of Interest
Successful fellows will select a specific area of interest to focus their fellowship program, as well as receiving a holistic overview of APNIC and Internet Governance prior to participating in the APNIC 54 conference. Areas of interest include:
- IPv6 Deployment
- Internet Routing/RPKI
- Information/Network Security
The level of experience in the chosen area of interest can be from beginner to advanced.
|Applications open||Thursday, 3 March 2022 at 17:00 UTC +10|
|Applications close||Sunday, 3 April 2022 at 23:45 UTC +10|
|Committee appraisal||Monday, 4 April to Friday, 8 April 2022|
|Successful fellows announced
||Monday, 11 April 2022|
|Confirmation of shortlisted applications||Tuesday, 12 April to Friday, 15 April 2022|
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- An economy class return (two-way) air ticket to the workshop and/or conference week
- Accommodation with breakfast for the duration of the workshop and/or conference week
- A customised program of Fellows-only presentations from industry experts with opportunities for Q&A
- Introduction to a community mentor in their area of interest
- Support to complete several APNIC Academy courses
- Certificate of achievement (upon successful completion of fellowship)
- Expenses scholarship of AUD $150 (upon successful completion of fellowship)
- Daily (or as required) briefings
- Complimentary registration to the workshop and/or conference week
- Complimentary attendance to all the workshop and/or conference week social events
- Conference T-shirt
A selection committee carefully evaluates all the applications. The committee selects the applicants it believes are best suited for the fellowships, taking into consideration a desire to provide opportunities to individuals from a diverse range of organizations, gender, and geographical locations within the APNIC service region.
The decisions of the selection committee are final, and the selected applicants are informed individually. A list of selected Fellows is then announced on the APNIC and APNIC 54 conference website.
(Applicants who are not selected to receive a Fellowship award for the current APNIC conference are eligible and encouraged to apply for future APNIC conferences.)