APNIC conferences are five-day events that are held twice each year in prominent locations around the Asia Pacific.
Their purpose is to bring together Internet and networking experts, government representatives, industry leaders, and other interested parties from around the world to attend workshops and tutorials, discuss resource policies, and extend social and professional networks with like-minded peers.
What are the benefits of attending an APNIC conference?
Attending APNIC conferences gives you the opportunity to:
- Have your say on policy proposals that may directly affect the way your organization accesses Internet number resources; or, you can present your own proposals
- Hear world-class speakers discuss the latest Internet resource management research, techniques and new Internet technologies
- Learn about best practice in Internet resource management to make your business more efficient and profitable
- Make valuable contacts for building business relationships
Who attends APNIC conferences?
APNIC conferences are open to anyone, and we encourage you to participate! They are particularly relevant to:
- Management and technical staff at network operators
- Networking equipment, software and services providers
- Government regulators involved in IT policy
- Anyone interested in the operation of the Internet.
They are a great way to make valuable contacts for building business relationships.
What if I’m new to APNIC conferences?
Newcomers are very welcome at APNIC conferences. If it’s your first time, we encourage you to attend our Newcomers’ events at the conferences.
At these events, you can learn how to make the most of your APNIC conference experience, and you will meet APNIC staff, Internet leaders, and of course, the other newcomers at the conference.
At the Newcomers’ Session, APNIC provides a mentoring framework to help guide, support, and inform you during the conference, including a mock Policy SIG to help you understand and engage in the Policy Development Process.