APNIC Document identity
|Title:||APNIC Member Fee Schedule|
|Date of original publication:||18 June 2009|
|Date of this version:||1 January 2020|
|Comments:||APNIC-119-v002 was superseded by this document on 1 January 2011|
Table of contents
- 1. Annual Membership fees
- 2. IPv4 Transfer fee
- 3. Sign-Up Fee
- 4. Membership Reactivation Fee
- 5. Member Fee Schedule Summary
- 6. Taxes and Other Charges
- 7. Adoption of this Fee Schedule
1. Annual Membership fees
Annual Fees paid by APNIC Members are calculated based on the address resources held by the Member at the time of the anniversary of APNIC membership. All fees are assessed, and are payable, using Australian Dollars (AUD).
The IPv4 and IPv6 components of the annual fee are calculated separately, according to the total address holdings of the Member. The annual membership fee is then charged as the greater of these two components. A Member with no IPv4 or IPv6 address space holdings is assessed as an Associate Member.
NIR (National Internet Registry) Members and Confederation Members are assessed on their total address holdings, with an additional premium, as described in section 1.4 of this schedule.
Members from Least Developed Countries will pay a discounted fee, as described in section 1.6 of this schedule.
Failure to pay the annual membership fee will result in the registration record being removed from the APNIC Whois Database. The address space will then be returned to the APNIC free address pool to be reallocated.
1.1 Members with no address space holdings
A Member who holds no IPv4 addresses and no IPv6 addresses will be invoiced the Associate Membership Fee of AUD 500.
Associate Members receiving their first allocation of IP addresses will be charged the annual fee for the resources requested. The anniversary date of APNIC membership will be changed to reflect the date of the new invoice.
An Associate Member may hold allocated AS numbers, or Experimental IPv4 or Experimental IPv6 addresses.
1.2 Annual Fee Calculation
The Annual Fee is determined by the (fractional) number of bits of address space (v4 or v6) held, and is calculated as follows:
Annual Fee = (Base Fee) x (Bit Factor)^(Address Bits)
For APNIC Members, the current Annual Fee parameters are as follows:
Base Fee = AUD 1,180
Bit Factor = 1.30
1.3 IPv4 Component
The Member’s total IPv4 address holdings, including Historical and APNIC-allocated address space, will be used to assess the IPv4 component of the annual membership fee as follows:
Feev4 = 1,180 x 1.300(log2(Addresses)-8)
- In this formula, address holdings are expressed as the total count of individual IPv4 addresses (/32) so that, for example, a holding of a /16 and a /18 would constitute 81,920 IPv4 addresses
- The minimum annual fee is AUD 1,180
- Experimental allocations of IPv4 addresses are not included in this assessment of total address holdings
1.4 IPv6 Component
The Member’s total IPv6 address holdings, including historical and APNIC-allocated address space, will be used to assess the IPv6 component of the annual membership fee as follows:
Feev6 = 1,180 x 1.300(log2(Addresses)-22)
- In this formula, address holdings are expressed as the total of IPv6 /56 subnets, so that, for example, a holding of a /32 and a /31 would constitute 50,331,648 /56 subnets
- The minimum annual fee is AUD 1,180
- Experimental allocations of IPv6 addresses are not included in this assessment of total address holdings
1.5 NIR and Confederation Members
NIR and Confederation annual membership fees will be assessed in the manner described above, with an additional premium of 190% applied to the annual membership fee, such that the total NIR and Confederation annual membership fee is 290% of the ordinary membership fee.
1.6 Members from Least Developed Countries
The fees payable by Members from Least Developed Countries (LDCs), as calculated in items 1.1 through 1.5, are discounted by 50%.
The list of LDCs used for the purposes of this fee discount is defined and maintained by the United Nations Statistics Division (currently available as ). The discount will be applied in accordance with the LDC status of the Member’s economy on the date of membership renewal.
2. IPv4 Transfer Fee
All regional and Inter-RIR IPv4 address transfers made by existing account holders are subject to a transfer fee. This fee does not apply to:
- Initial IPv4 transfers to Member accounts holding no IP addresses
- IPv4 transfers to NIR members
- A membership change to or from an NIR
- Transfers under the Historical resource transfer policy
The transfer fee is charged according to the size of the block that is being transferred. The fee is calculated as 20% of the annual membership fee for a Member holding a block of IPv4 addresses equal to that of the size of the block that is being transferred.
This fee is charged when the transfer occurs and must be paid before the transfer is processed.
3. Sign-Up Fee
New Member accounts are subject to a once off sign-up fee of AUD 500.
The following services are exempt from the sign-up fee:
- Critical infrastructure assignments
- IXP assignments
- New Member accounts to manage historical resources of original custodians of the address space
- Existing Non-Member accounts with historical resources converting to Member accounts
Members of LDCs will receive a 50% discount on this fee, as per section 1.6. 1.6.
4. Membership Reactivation Fee
A non-refundable AUD 1,000 fee will be applied to requests to reactivate a terminated account.
The reactivation fee and any outstanding fees must be paid in full to reactivate the account. This option is available for a limited period of three months after membership termination. After three months all previously allocated and assigned resources are subject to reallocation.
Members of LDCs will receive a 50% discount on this fee, as per section 1.6.
5. Member Fee Schedule Summary
|Resource Service||Unit||Once-off Fee||Annual Membership Fee||Notes|
|Associate||Account Name||N/A||AUD 500||1|
|IPv4 Addresses||/32||N/A||1,180 x 1.300(log2(addresses)-8)||2,3|
|IPv6 Addresses||/56 end site prefix||N/A||1,180 x 1.300(log2(addresses)-22)||2,3|
|NIR and Confederation Premium||Account Name||N/A||+190%||4|
|LDC Discount||Account Name||N/A||-50%||4|
|Sign-up Fee||Account Name||AUD 500||N/A|
|Reactivation||Account Name||AUD 1000||N/A||5|
- Fee applies when the Member holds no IP addresses.
- Minimum fee for Member accounts holding IP addresses is AUD 1,180.
- Assessed address fees are the greater of the IPv4 and IPv6 fees.
- Premium/Discount is added/subtracted to address fees.
- Plus payment of all outstanding unpaid fees.
6. Taxes and Other Charges
All fees made under the Fee Schedule must be made in cleared funds, without any deduction or set-off, and free and clear of any taxes, levies, imports, duties, charges, fees, and withholdings of any nature imposed by any bank, financial institution, Governmental, or other body.
If such deductions are made, then the relevant fee is increased by such additional amounts as are necessary to ensure that APNIC receives the full amount which APNIC would have received but for the deduction.
7. Adoption of this Fee Schedule
This fee schedule will be applied for each Member on the first anniversary date of the annual membership fee on or after 1 January 2020.