- How can I vote online in the election?
- How can I appoint a proxy?
- Who can vote in the EC election?
- How do I know if I am a Corporate Contact or Contact with voting rights?
- How many votes do I have?
- When can I vote?
- Can I collect paper ballots at the on-site election?
- What equipment do I need to vote online?
- How do I know that my online vote has been correctly cast?
- How can I verify that my online vote has been received by the system?
- Do I need to download an app?
- Who is BigPulse?
- Where are BigPulse servers located?
- Is it possible for others to determine who I voted for?
- Can I change my vote after it is submitted?
- How is the counting of votes performed?
- Who should I contact if I have any questions?
1. How can I vote online in the election?
APNIC EC elections are conducted entirely via an independent online voting service provider, BigPulse. Paper forms are no longer available for voting in EC elections, or for appointment of proxies. The voting transaction is carried out directly between the voter’s client and the BigPulse system, without passing through APNIC systems.
APNIC Member Corporate Contacts, Contacts with voting rights and duly-appointed proxies can vote in an APNIC EC election, as follows:
- Login to MyAPNIC using two-factor authentication and click the ‘Vote Now’ link on the dashboard, to access the BigPulse voting interface.
- Use the online ballot form to select the chosen candidates, and hit the ‘Next’ button to complete the selection.
- On the confirmation page, hit a ‘Submit’ button to confirm the ballot submission, or ‘Back’ to make any changes.
2. How can I appoint a proxy?
The Corporate Contact of a Member organization may appoint a proxy to vote on their behalf at the election, via MyAPNIC. Each appointed proxy will be sent a notification by email. See how to appoint a proxy.
3. Who can vote in the EC election?
4. How do I know if I am a Corporate Contact or Contact with voting rights?
You can check your contact type and rights in MyAPNIC. To see all contacts and types, login to MyAPNIC, go to:
- Resource Manager
- Contact Details
5. How many votes do I have?
The voting entitlement for each APNIC Member depends on their membership tier:
|Membership tier||Number of votes|
The BigPulse system will automatically display the number of votes you are entitled to.
Please note that the BigPulse system does not allow the ‘splitting’ of voting entitlements. Each Member submits a single online ballot carrying all of their votes, in a single submission, while proxies submit a single, separate ballot for each Member they represent.
6. When can I vote?
Member voting commences at least ten working days before the Annual General Meeting (AGM), and closes before the start of the afternoon session of the AGM. An email to announce the opening of voting will be sent to all APNIC Members. Proxy voters will vote in the morning of the AGM day.
7. Can I collect paper ballots at the on-site election?
8. What equipment do I need to vote online?
You will need a computer or mobile device and Internet connectivity that allows you to access MyAPNIC and the BigPulse voting system.
9. How do I know that my online vote has been correctly cast?
The voting process consists of three steps: voting, confirmation and a thank you screen. On the final screen, you have the option to view the voting receipt, which includes the full details of your vote, for your information.
10. How can I verify that my online vote has been received by the system?
In addition to providing a receipt, the BigPulse system provides an online audit report which can be used to verify that your vote has been recorded (but without revealing details of the vote itself).
11. Do I need to download an app?
12. Who is BigPulse?
13. Where are BigPulse servers located?
14. Is it possible for others to determine who I voted for?
15. Can I change my vote after it is submitted?
You will be able to review your selections in a vote confirmation page before you submit your vote, and at this stage you can go back to make any changes before submission. However, it is not possible to change your vote after submission.
16. How is the counting of votes performed?
Vote counting is done automatically by the BigPulse system, with results then made available to election officials. APNIC staff and appointed scrutineers are no longer involved in the counting process, and election results are not transmitted via any APNIC systems.
17. Who should I contact if I have any questions?
Please contact the APNIC Helpdesk.