- Is membership a suitable option for my organization?
- Can individuals become Members?
- Does becoming a Member guarantee that I will get address space?
- If my organization does not need IP addresses, can we still become an APNIC Member?
- If my organization is not an APNIC member, can we apply for IP address?
- Does APNIC need supporting documentation to verify that my organization and/or individual (legal entity) exists and is valid?
- What supporting documentation about my organization is required?
- What are APNIC membership tiers and what’s the difference?
- What are the fees associated with my APNIC membership?
Is APNIC membership a suitable option for my organization?
APNIC membership is open to all organizations. APNIC delegates resources only to organizations, which are legally present, or have networks located in the APNIC region. APNIC Members are entitled to request for IP addresses and AS number and other services such as reverse DNS delegation, resource certification and training.
Can individuals become APNIC Members?
Yes. For more information, see Part IV of the APNIC By-laws.
Does becoming a Member guarantee that I will get address space?
No. All applications for IP addresses will need to meet relevant APNIC policy criteria. To demonstrate that your network requirement meets the policy criteria, you will need to provide supporting documentation in your application.
If my organization does not need IP addresses, can we still become an APNIC Member?
Yes. Your organization can become an APNIC member even though you don’t have the need for IP addresses. Your organization can still receive many other Membership benefits.
If my organization is not an APNIC Member, can we apply for IP address?
Yes. Your organization can still apply for IP address application. Your organization will automatically become an APNIC Member when:
- APNIC can verify your details of your organization,
- APNIC approves your IP address application, and
- Your organization agrees to the Membership agreement and makes the required payment
Does APNIC need supporting documentation to verify that my organization and/or an individual (legal entity) exists and is valid?
Yes. APNIC performs due diligence checks on all new applications, and verifies information provided to APNIC through a variety of sources. APNIC members or potential members must not provide APNIC with any false or misleading information. Provision of false or misleading information to APNIC is a breach of the APNIC Membership Agreement, and may lead to account closure and/or withdrawal of Internet resources. APNIC takes fraud seriously, and will refer fraudulent claims or information to the relevant law enforcement agencies for investigations and further actions.
What supporting documentation about my organization is required?
APNIC will ask for either a Certificate of Incorporation or any other relevant supporting documentation issued by your local authority that shows the establishment of the legal entity.
For application from individuals, APNIC requires either a valid passport or driver’s license.
What are APNIC membership tiers and what’s the difference?
There are seven membership tiers Associate, Very Small, Small, Medium, Large, Very Large, and Extra Large. The amount of IP v4 or IPv6 addresses will determine what Membership tier your organization will be on. Read more.
What are the fees associated with my APNIC membership?
For new applications, an initial Membership fee is payable before your membership is activated and IP addresses are allocated. Read more.