All IPv4 address transfers are subject to a transfer fee except for transfers that are governed by the historical resource transfer policy. For transfers that are a result of a merger, acquisition, takeover, the IPv4 component of that transfer will be subject to the IPv4 transfer fees.
A 20% transfer fee is calculated using the sum of total IPv4 addresses that are being transferred in a single transfer request.
You can calculate this fee by entering the total amount of addresses to be transferred into the annual fees calculator, and then multiplying that AUD amount by 0.2.
For example, the transfer fee for a:
- /24 is AUD 210 (20% of AUD 1,050)
- /20 is AUD 614.60 (20% of AUD 3,073)
- /16 is AUD 1,799.20 (20% of AUD 8,996)
Please note, this fee is invoiced when the transfer request is approved and must be paid before the transfer is completed.
Who pays the fee
- For a transfer between APNIC Members, the receiver will be charged the transfer fee.
- For a transfer from a member of another RIR to an APNIC Member, the APNIC Member will be charged the transfer fee.
- For a transfer from an APNIC Member to a member of another RIR, the APNIC Member will be charged the transfer fee.
See the Transfer Resources FAQ for more information.