All IPv4 address transfers are subject to a transfer fee except for transfers that are a result of a merger, acquisition, takeover, or are governed by the historical resource transfer policy.
A 20% transfer fee is calculated using the sum of total IPv4 addresses that are being transferred in a single transfer request.
You can use the annual fee calculator to work out the 20% what the transfer fee will be.
For example, the transfer fee for a:
- /24 is AUD 210 (20% of AUD 1,050)
- /20 is AUD 614.60 (20% of AUD 3,073)
- /16 is AUD 1,799.20 (20% of AUD 8,996)
Please note, this fee is invoiced when the transfer request is approved and must be paid before the transfer is completed.
Who pays the fee
- For a transfer between APNIC Members, the receiver will be charged the transfer fee.
- For a transfer from a member of another RIR to an APNIC Member, the APNIC Member will be charged the transfer fee.
- For a transfer from an APNIC Member to a member of another RIR, the APNIC Member will be charged the transfer fee.
See the Transfer Resources FAQ for more information.