A ‘Second Opinion request’ is the process that is used to seek APNIC's approval for assignment or sub-allocations that exceed your assignment window.
APNIC applies the assignment window and Second Opinion process to all Members who receive IP address allocations. This is to ensure that all Members are familiar with APNIC's policies and follow the correct procedures and practices when assigning IP addresses.
Use the second opinion request form to seek approval for:
- IPv4 assignments and sub-allocations
- Multiple/additional IPv6 /48s to a single customer
- What is an assignment window?
- Read APNIC Assignment and allocation policies
- Make customer assignments via MyAPNIC