APNIC Conferences are five-day events that are held twice each year in prominent locations around the Asia Pacific.
Their purpose is to bring together Internet and networking experts, government representatives, industry leaders, and other interested parties from around the world to attend workshops and tutorials, discuss policies, and extend their social and professional networks with like-minded peers.
What are the benefits of attending an APNIC Conference?
Attending APNIC Conferences gives you the opportunity to:
- Have your say on policy proposals that may directly affect the way your organization accesses Internet number resources; or, you can present your own proposals
- Hear world-class speakers discuss cutting-edge Internet resource management research
- Learn about best practice in Internet resource management to make your business more efficient and profitable
- Make valuable contacts for building business relationships
Who attends APNIC Conferences?
APNIC Conferences are open to anyone, and we encourage you to participate! They are particularly relevant to:
- Management and technical staff at ISPs
- Networking equipment vendors
- Government regulators involved in IT policy
- Anyone interested in the operation of the Internet.
They are a great way to make valuable contacts for building business relationships.
What if I’m new to APNIC Conferences?
Newcomers are extremely welcome at APNIC Conferences. If it’s your first time, we encourage you to attend our Newcomers’ events: the Newcomers’ Orientation workshop and Newcomers’ Welcome Reception.
At these events you can learn how to make the most of your APNIC Conference experience, and you will meet the APNIC staff, the other interesting eminent personalities in attendance, and of course the other Newcomers who are in a similar position to you.
At the Orientation Workshop we provide a mentoring framework to help guide, support, and inform you during the conference.
ARM: APNIC Regional Meetings
In addition to the APNIC Conferences, APNIC provides Regional Meetings as a forum to reach out to more of our Members and stakeholders to enable wider participation and awareness of APNIC’s activities.
What are they?
APNIC Regional Meetings serve as a teaser to the main APNIC Conferences. They are one-day events where APNIC policy discussion, regional reporting, relevant technical discussion, and Internet governance will be presented and discussed. There will also be training provided to equip the region’s operators with the technical skills required to build and manage the Internet.
At the end of the day, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in an open mic and feedback session, where they can raise any issues or challenges they face or suggestions for APNIC.