Deputy Director General
- Internet architecture, addressing and addresses
- Internet governance, self-regulation and management
- Key Internet organizations including ICANN, ASO, NRO and RIRs
- IPv4 exhaustion
- IPv6 architecture and deployment trends
- Internet in developing economies
Sanjaya is the Deputy Director General of APNIC.
He has 30+ years’ experience in computer and information technology, starting his career in 1984 with IBM, Indonesia. In 1994 he established the first commercial Internet Service Provider in Indonesia, IndoInternet, and became its President Director until 2000. He was actively involved with the development of the Internet in the region and became the Indonesia ISP Association (APJII) Secretary General in 1999. He also served as a member of the APNIC Executive Council in 1996.
He joined APNIC in 2001 and has undertaken various roles within the technical and services areas. His main responsibility as APNIC’s Deputy Director General is to oversee the implementation of APNIC strategic and operational plans, to realise APNIC’s vision of “A global, open, stable, and secure Internet that serves the entire Asia Pacific community”.
APNIC speaking topics
- Data and statistics on IPv4 allocations in the Asia Pacific and globally
- Management of the remaining IPv4 addresses
- Statistics on IPv6 deployment and activity
- Training on IPv6 deployment
- Technical developments in IPv6
- Updates on IPv6 discussion through international and regional forums
- IPv6 information for government and regulators
- IPv6 information for education
- IPv6 information for content providers
- IPv6 in emerging economies
Internet in emerging economies
- Internet governance
- Initiatives in emerging economies to increase skills development and capacity building, such as training and root server deployment
- Internet issues in emerging economies
- Internet infrastructure development
Current Position and Activities
Sanjaya is currently the Deputy Director General at APNIC, the Regional Internet Registry that serves the Asia Pacific region. He oversees the implementation of APNIC strategic and operational plans, to realise APNIC’s vision of “A global, open, stable, and secure Internet that serves the entire Asia Pacific community”
Sanjaya joined APNIC in 2001 as Project Manager for the successful design and deployment of MyAPNIC, including the implementation and management of the APNIC Certification Authority. He is also actively involved in Internet industry standard and policy development and has authored policy proposals that have been approved by the APNIC community.
Between 1999-2001, Sanjaya was the Secretary General for APJII (the Association of Indonesia Internet Service Providers). Here he oversaw the establishment of IDNIC (the Indonesian National Internet Registry), and the Indonesia Internet Exchange (IIX).
Between 1994-2000, as President Director of PT IndoInternet Sanjaya established the first commercial ISP in Indonesia. He oversaw market and network operations growth to over 25 cities within Indonesia in 6 years.
Between 1984-1994, Sanjaya worked at IBM Indonesia at various systems engineering and technical management roles.